OLEAN — An Allegany man faces felony charges for grand larceny, welfare fraud and several misdemeanors, the Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office reported Thursday.
David E. Ortlip, 61, of 1440 Four Mile Road, Lot 17, was charged Wednesday with two counts of fourth-degree grand larceny, two counts of fourth-degree welfare fraud, and four counts of offering a false instrument for filing, all class E felonies, and fifth-degree welfare fraud and petit larceny, both class A misdemeanors.
According to the Sheriff’s Office, Ortlip allegedly fraudulently received $4,265 in food stamps and public assistance by concealing and failing to report income.
Ortlip turned himself in to the Cattaraugus County Department of Social Services and was released to in Olean City Court at a later date.
- Wednesday, 6:37 p.m., Jeffry Scott Kayes, 32, of 818 Buffalo St., Upper, Olean, was charged on a criminal contempt warrant issued from Olean City Court.
- Thursday, 5:52 p.m.
- LEON — Andre A. Hall, 40, of Hamburg, was charged at 10 a.m. Oct. 3 on a warrant for fourth-degree criminal mischief, a class A misdemeanor, issued from Leon Town Court. Hall was arrested by Erie County Sheriff’s Office, transported to Springville and then New Albion Town Court, where he was arraigned and released on his own recognizance. He is due to appear in Leon Town Court at a later date.
- EAST OTTO
- CARROLLTON — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 6:12 a.m. Thursday on Interstate 86 at Exit 23. Lori S. Gaylor, 59, of Olean, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
- GRANGER — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 2:43 p.m. Thursday on County Road 15. Brandon A. Speta, 34, of Fillmore, was identified as the driver. One injury was reported.
- WELLSVILLE — Jerry L. Dalton, 49, of Bolivar, was charged at 10:20 p.m. with driving while intoxicated and operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content of 0.08% or greater, both unclassified misdemeanors; and four traffic infractions. His status was not reported.
- SHARON TOWNSHIP