ALFRED — A West African man has been has been charged in connection with a series of burglaries, the Alfred Police Department announced Tuesday.
Mbemba Tambajang, 22, of The Gambia, West Africa, was charged with two counts of second-degree burglary, class C felonies; and two counts of petit larceny and one count of second-degree criminal trespass, class A misdemeanors.
The charges stem from an investigation into multiple burglaries that were reported in the Village of Alfred in May, police said.
Tambajang was processed and remanded to Allegany County Jail in lieu of $5,000 cash bail or $10,000 property bond.
- Monday, 10:41 p.m., Brene M. Vancleaf, 21, of 216 Worden Ave., Olean, turned herself in on an arrest warrant for a prior charge of second-degree harassment, a violation. The charge stems from an incident reported May 4. Vancleaf was processed and released with a ticket to appear in court at a later date.
- Tuesday, 9:51 a.m., Jacob A. Cavana, 20, of 109 Willow St., Olean, turned himself in on a bench warrant relating to prior charges of petit larceny, a class A misdemeanor, and second-degree harassment, a violation. The charges stem from an alleged domestic incident reported May 25. Cavana was held pending arraignment.
- Tuesday, 10:03 a.m., Raymond Douglas McGee, 36, of 414 W. Greene St., Olean, was arrested on an arrest warrant relating to prior charges of second-degree forgery, a class D felony; second-degree criminal impersonation and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, both class A misdemeanors. McGee was held pending arraignment.
- Tuesday, 8:01 p.m.,
- RANDOLPH — James Wall, 38, of Randolph, was charged Thursday with seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance, a class A misdemeanor. While investigating a reported neighborhood disturbance, troopers allegedly found Wall to be in possession of a pipe containing methamphetamine residue. He was processed and released with a ticket to appear in court at a later date.
- HUME — A two-vehicle accident was reported at 7:13 a.m. Monday on Mills Road near Lapp Road. Stacy Lynn Marcy-Asberry, 35, of Castile, and Jeanna M. Maines, 53, of Fillmore, were identified as the drivers. No injuries were reported.
- ANGELICA — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 10:05 a.m. Monday on Interstate 86 near exit 31. Genevieve Mae Millard, 36, of Apalachin, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
- YORKSHIRE — Gabrielle D. Imperi, 21, of Yorkshire, was charged at 10:30 a.m. Monday with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation; and no license and driving operating a portable electronic device, infractions. Imperi was issued a ticket to appear in court at a later date.
- BELFAST — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 10:31 a.m. Monday at the intersection of County Road 17 and Old County Road 17. Kent Alan Wichert, 53, of Shinglehouse, Pa., was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
- ALMOND — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 1:33 p.m. Monday on Interstate 86 near exit 33. Shannon J. Hover, 47, of Cuba, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.