ALMOND — An elderly Almond man was arrested on charges related to driving while intoxicated, burglary and forcible touching following an investigation into a complaint Monday night.
Clifton B. Cornell, 76, of Almond, was charged at 9 p.m. with second-degree burglary, a class C felony; driving while intoxicated, an unclassified misdemeanor; resisting arrest, forcible touching and three counts of endangering the welfare of a child, all class A misdemeanors; and second-degree harassment, a violation.
According to New York State Police, the charges initially stemmed from an investigation made into a complaint on Mill Street. Deputies determined that Cornell had allegedly been operating a motor vehicle in an intoxicated condition.
Cornell reportedly failed a field sobriety test at the scene and was transported to the state police barracks in Amity, where he allegedly refused to submit to a chemical breath test.
A state police press release about Cornell’s arrest did not offer an explanation for the burglary, forcible touching, endangering the welfare of a child and harassment charges.
He was arraigned and remanded to Allegany County Jail on $5,000 bail or $10,000 bond, and is due back in court at a later date.
- Tuesday, 9:39 a.m.,
- Monday, no time provided, Thomas S. Bahr Jr., 31, of Wellsville, was charged with second-degree harassment, a violation. The charge stems from an incident reported on June 12 on North Main Street. Bahr was processed and released and is due back in court at a later date.
- SALAMANCA — Anthony J. Piscitelli, 27, of 5983 Humphrey Road, Great Valley, was arrested at 7:45 p.m. June 17 on a violation of probation warrant. Piscitelli is due back in court at a later date.
- SPRINGVILLE — James J. Miller, 18, of 471 Dartmouth Ave., Buffalo, was arrested at 2:55 p.m. Thursday on an arrest warrant issued out of Cattaraugus County Court. Miller was apprehended by a Federal Marshal’s Warrant Task Force and turned over to deputies. He is due back in court at a later date.
- OLEAN — Traci L. Hirliman, 42, of 319 N. Seventh St., Olean, was charged at 3 p.m. Thursday with four counts of second-degree criminal possession of a forged instrument, class D felonies, and four counts of second-degree offering a false instrument for filing, class A misdemeanors. The charges stem from an investigation into a claim made by the Cattaraugus County Department of Social Services that Hirliman allegedly submitted multiple forms to the department containing forged signatures. Hirliman was processed and released and is due back in court at a later date.
- PORTVILLE — A two-vehicle accident was reported at 8:23 a.m. Monday on Haskell Road. Abdirahman Mohamed Ahmed, 30, of Columbus, Ohio, was identified as one of the drivers. No injuries were reported.
- FRIENDSHIP — Ricky A. Calhoun, 38, of Friendship, was charged at 11:39 a.m. Monday with criminal obstruction of breathing and criminal mischief, class A misdemeanors.
- ALLEGANY — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 10:30 p.m. Monday on Interstate 86 near exit 25. Xiang L. Yang, 30, of Flushing, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.