STEAMBURG — The Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office is reminding boaters to check their watercraft for all required safety items after helping rescue stranded boaters Saturday on the Allegheny Reservoir.
The sheriff’s office announced Monday it received a 911 call at about 4:15 p.m. Saturday that four men were beached on an island near High Banks Campground on the Allegheny Reservoir near Steamburg.
The sheriff’s office Marine Patrol and the Frewsburg Fire Department, whose members assisted with the search of the stranded vessel, located it about 3.5 miles from the Onoville Marina.
All on board were wet and cold, but safe and healthy, deputies said.
The stranded vessel was put into tow and taken back to Onoville Marina without incident.
Deputies said items that should be included in a safety check include personal flotation devices; flares or visual signal devices; whistles or other sounding devices; a waterproof case for a cell phone; and a fire extinguisher.
- Saturday, 11:51 a.m., no injuries were reported in a two-vehicle accident. A vehicle operated by Theresa Dipietro, 93, of 201 N. 19th St. was attempting to park at the Olean Center Mall in a marked parking space when a vehicle operated by Rolita Anne Wielkie, 53, of 770 Route 446, Cuba, was backing out of a marked space and reportedly cut into the space Dipietro was trying to access. An officer was unable to determine primary fault so no tickets were issued.
- Saturday, 3:06 p.m., no injuries were reported in a two-vehicle accident. A vehicle operated by Norma J. Wiser, 71, of 5232 Route 219, Great Valley, was traveling east on Wayne Street when it reportedly began to drift into the other lane, striking a parked vehicle registered to Tracy A. Hart, 55, of 1001 Irving St., Olean. Wiser was charged with failure to keep right, an infraction.
Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office
- PORTVILLE — John J. Besok, 55, of Portville, was charged at 8:25 a.m. Thursday with animal neglect charges under New York State Agriculture and Market Law section 353-B, failure to provide appropriate shelter, and section 363, failure to provide sustenance. Besok was issued an appearance ticket and due in Portville Town Court at a later date.
- WEST VALLEY — Gerald A. Weeks, 22, of Springville, and Jack T. Stuebchen, 23, of 6066 Fox Valley Road, West Valley, were each charged at 7:30 p.m. Thursday with trespass, a violation, after allegedly entering property run by the West Valley Demonstration Project. They were each issued appearance tickets to appear in Ashford Town Court at a later date.
- CUBA — Joseph L. Askins, 33, of Eldred, Pa., was charged at 5 a.m. Sunday by Wellsville Police and turned over to Cattaraugus County Sheriff’s Office on a bench warrant issued from Allegany Town Court. Askins posted $175 bail and is due in Allegany Town Court at a later date.
Allegany County Sheriff’s Office
- WIRT — Daniel C. Foster, 25, of Wirt, was charged on a violation of probation warrant issued from Bolivar Village Court. Foster was arraigned in Bolivar Village Court and remanded to Allegany County Jail on $50,000 bail. He is due to reappear in Bolivar Village Court June 20 for additional court action.
New York State Police
- FRIENDSHIP — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 11:40 a.m. Sunday on Interstate 86 and State Route 275. An unidentified 18-year-old Wellsville male was reported as the driver. No injuries were reported.
- CARROLLTON — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 12:28 p.m. Sunday on Interstate 86 at exit 23. Richard A. Beavers, 55, of Waverly, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
- BIRDSALL — Jody L. Scott, 50, of Angelica, was charged at 1:47 p.m. Sunday with fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon and second-degree menacing, both class A misdemeanors, and second-degree harassment, a violation. Scott was held on an unreported amount of bail.
- ANGELICA — Jeremiah M. Jackson, 21, of Henryville, Pa., was charged at 2:22 p.m. Sunday with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation. He was issued an appearance ticket.
- ANGELICA — Rudrasenar Tholeti, 29, of Cleveland, Ohio, was charged at 4:55 p.m. Sunday with driving while intoxicated, an unclassified misdemeanor. His status was reported as unknown.
- AMITY — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 6:57 p.m. Sunday on State Highway 244 and Feathers Creek Road. Wesley Dale Senn, 21, of Randolph, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
- ALMOND — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 8:42 p.m. Sunday on Interstate 86 at the Almond exit. Subrata K. Das, 55, of Mississauga, Ontario, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
- HUMPHREY — Derek C. Whitmore, 32, of Olean, was charged at 9:01 p.m. Sunday with driving while intoxicated and aggravated driving while intoxicated per se, both unclassified misdemeanors; unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation; and leaving the scene of a property damage accident, an infraction. He was issued an appearance ticket.
Pennsylvania State Police
- HEBRON TOWNSHIP
- A two-vehicle accident was reported at 2:39 p.m. March 25, 2019 on State Route 49 just east of Prosser Hollow Road. Melanie A. Morley, 64, of Ulysees and Jenna D. Hutt, 23, of Shinglehouse, were identified as the drivers. No injuries were reported.
- SHINGLEHOUSE — Harold A. Sherwood, 63, of Shinglehouse, was charged at 9:15 a.m. May 27, 2019 with harassment/acts to annoy, after allegedly using profanities and threatening language toward another person on four different occasions.
- ULYSSES — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 5:35 a.m. Thursday on Route 6 just east of Brookland Road. William W. Macdonald, 60, of Ulysees, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
- EULALIA TOWNSHIP