StrOlean is strolling back home again on Friday to wrap up 2018.
Greater Olean Area Chamber of Commerce officials announced Monday that the third and final StrOlean of the year will be held from noon to 10 p.m. up and down North Union Street.
“Our first two StrOleans in 2018 have been successful in terms of vendors, events and attendance,” says Meme Krahe Yanetsko, COO of GOACC. “We encourage the community to come out and partake in StrOlean. Once again, there are many activities and programs off of North Union Street, so include those in your walking plan as well. We are seeing many different companies and nonprofits set up either a booth or an event at each of the events.”
Along North Union Street, many of the brick and mortar stores will be participating in the POP UP Marketplace, Chamber officials said, where they will host an event inside and outside their store as well as sales. Many vendors are also coming to the downtown to display and sell their artisan items, catalog/home party, artwork, jewelry and more as a POP UP Market – a temporary storefront in downtown Olean.
Some of the events for visitors include:
• A used book sale by the Olean Public Library.
• Girl Scouts of Western New York will teach children how to make a binary code bracelet.
• Line dancing by the Toe Heel Twisters Line Dancers.
• A Halloween costume party at Storm Athletics in the mall.
• Olean Theatre Workshop’s ‘50s and ‘60s Dance and Song;
• #NationalMuleDay at Union Whisk(e)y and Karaoke at the Eagles Club.
• Many of the vendors and events will be passing out treats to children in attendance — in costume or not.
• The Cattaraugus Career Center /One Stop will be hosting a StrOlean Job Fair at the center, 175 North Union St., from 1:30 to 3:30 p.m. Twelve employers with job openings will take resumes at the free job fair.
A complete program of activities and vendors with their locations and times will be available at participating vendors at StrOlean, online at www.oleanny.com, and at the Chamber office by noon on Wednesday.
GOACC has scheduled three StrOlean events for 2019 with dates: Saturday, June 15th; Aug. 16, in conjunction with the Gus Macker basketball tournament; and Oct. 26.
For more information, call 372-4433 or email email@example.com.