OLEAN — A Pennsylvania man was arrested on felony weapons charges following an apparent traffic stop Monday night.
Martin C. Miller, 34, of Rixford, Pa., was charged at 11:28 p.m. with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class C felony; third-degree criminal possession of a weapon with a previous conviction, a class D felony; aggravated unlicensed operation of a motor vehicle, an unclassified misdemeanor; circumventing an interlock device, a class A misdemeanor; and unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation.
The charges stem from an incident on Barnum Road in the town of Olean.
Miller was sentenced just last month in Cattaraugus County Court to a three-year conditional discharge for driving while intoxicated, a class A misdemeanor, after allegedly operating a motor vehicle with a blood alcohol content of 0.12 percent on May 7, 2017, in Olean.
• Sunday, 3:30 p.m., No injuries were reported from a two-vehicle accident on West State Street near South First Street. Jadelynn K. Smith, 17, of Saint Marys, Pa., allegedly failed to stop and struck a vehicle driven by Sidney R. Foltz, 67, of Portville, which was stopped.
• Sunday, 8:56 p.m., No injuries were reported from a two-vehicle accident in the parking lot of 633 ½ Garden Ave. Debra A. Vennard, 62, of Portville, was backing out of a parking space when she allegedly struck an unoccupied parked car, causing a dent.
• Tuesday, 10:40 a.m., No injuries were reported from a two-vehicle accident on East State Street near King Street. Richard H. Snyder, 71, of 206 King St., Olean, attempted to move left into the turning lane and allegedly struck a vehicle driven by Larena M. Attwell, 32, of 2633 McCann Hollow Road, Olean, causing minor damage to both vehicles. Snyder was charged with failure to yield right-of-way, an infraction.
• Monday, no time provided, Nicholas J. Pabone, 26, of Olean, was arrested on a bench warrant for allegedly failing to appear and/or pay a fine on a previous petit larceny charge. Pabone was processed and remanded to Allegany County Jail on $300 cash bail.
• AMITY — Lynn Whalen, 21, of Belmont, and Frank Scarpa, 54, of Allentown, Pa., were each charged with second-degree criminal possession of a weapon, a class C felony, and seventh-degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and fourth-degree criminal possession of a weapon, both class A misdemeanors. The charges stem from an incident that was reported May 20. Whalen, who was charged 9:24 p.m. June 1, was held on $10,000 cash bail. Scarpa, who was charged 7:50 a.m. Monday, was held on $20,000 cash bail.
• CANEADEA — Jerry A. Dowd, 35, of Caneadea, was charged at 10:37 a.m. Monday with third-degree assault, a class A misdemeanor. Dowd was released on his own recognizance.
• FRANKLINVILLE — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 12:27 p.m. Monday on Route 98 near Jarecki Road. Cindy L. Kohler, 54, of Franklinville, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
• BOLIVAR — John R. Roulo, 35, and Heidi E. Roulo, 34, both of Richburg, were each charged at 12:38 p.m. Monday with petit larceny, a class A misdemeanor. Both were issued tickets to appear in court at a later date.
• GREAT VALLEY — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 8:46 p.m. Monday on Route 417 near Sullivan Hollow Road. William J. Owens, 67, of Eden, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
• ANGELICA — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 9:39 p.m. Monday on Interstate 86 near exit 31. Angela S. Allen, 25, of Angelica, was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
• HINSDALE — A one-vehicle accident was reported at 10:40 p.m. Monday on Interstate 86 near exit 27. Michael Francis Gilliam, 58, of Albertville, Ala., was identified as the driver. No injuries were reported.
• FRIENDSHIP — Michael K. Lockwood, 23, of Friendship, was charged at 3:17 a.m. Tuesday with unlawful possession of marijuana, a violation, and an inadequate muffler, an infraction. Lockwood was issued tickets to appear in court at a later date.