ELLICOTTVILLE — The Ellicottville Chamber of Commerce presents its first event of the new year, “Winter Blues Weekend,” Friday through Jan. 20.
Back again for its 19th year, the popular blues- and jazz-packed weekend kicks off at local bars and restaurants in the village, including Madigan's, Balloons, Villaggio and Gin Mill.
Along with friends and family, people can enjoy great live music being performed by at least nine different bands for free.
Ellicottville Chamber events manager Barb Pump said the “Winter Blues Weekend” event was started in 2001 as a way to bring people to Ellicottville after the holiday season.
The current Winter Blues lineup is as follows. More performers will be added as the date gets closer.
Friday, Jan. 18:
• Madigans: J.J. Moscato, 7 p.m.
• Balloons: Jake James featuring Tony Holiday and Lanson Stone, 7 p.m.
• Villaggio: Buffalo Blues Benefit Band, 8:30 p.m.
• Gin Mill: 2 Guys Drinkin’ Blues, 9 p.m.
Saturday, Jan. 19:
• Balloons: Tommy Z Band, 6 p.m.
• Madigans: Dave Constantino Band, 7 p.m.
• Villaggio: The All Star Blues Band, 8:30 p.m.
• Gin Mill: Big Sauce Trio, 9 p.m.
• Madigans: Rob Z Karaoke, 9:30 p.m.
Sunday Jan. 20:
• Gin Mill: 2 Guys Drinkin’ Blues, 8 p.m.
This is the current line-up and more bands will be added daily. For more information on this and all events, check the chamber’s website at ellicottvilleny.com or call 699-5046.