Australian mother Deb Ware is in a race to save her son from a crippling addiction to opioids. Sam Ware’s addiction began after a doctor prescribed him opioids following a simple wisdom tooth extraction. He has now survived more than 60 overdoses in 12 months. Deb has spent three years waging a lonely war against a system that made pharmaceutical opioids cheap and easy to get for Australians.
For more on the AP’s Global Opioids series: https://www.apnews.com/GlobalOpioids
What do you think?
On Tuesday, the Olean Common Council discussed — but did not decide on — whether to ban smoking in the city's parks after complaints from parents and coaches of youth sports. Do you think smoking should be banned in the city's 16 parks?
- To view our latest e-Edition click the image on the left.
Find a local business
- Police reports 9/15/19: Injury accident closes Route 16
- The Burton in Allegany expected to be purchased by SBU alumni
- Four appointed to St. Bonaventure University Board of Trustees
- Luck of the draw: Acquiring Pa. elk tag leads to record bull
- Allegany mayor and SBU official meeting today on student housing in the village
- Police reports 9/16/19: Man charged for allegedly bringing drugs into county jail
- Weak opponents aside, 2-0 start uplifting for Bills
- Olean Local Development Corp., with $57, planning for future
- Police reports 9/17/19
- Police reports 9/18/19
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
Ads to Go
Would you like to receive our ads to go? Sign Up Today!
Would you like to receive our breaking news? Sign up today!
Circulation Promotions and Contests
Want to receive notice about our circulation promotions and contests? Sign Up Today!
Would you like to receive our daily headlines? Sign Up Today!
Would you like to receive our lifestyle headlines about food and wine, Olean living, local history and more? Sign Up Today!
Would you like to receive our latest obituaries? Sign Up Today!
Would you like to receive our Special Sections? Sign Up Today!
Would you like to receive our sports news? Sign Up Today!
Would you like to receive our calendar events? Sign Up Today!